Tuesday, April 7, 2009

We are afraid of the wrong things

I’m extremely afraid of failure, not reaching my goals in life, I’m so afraid of working so hard and not getting out on top.
I’m afraid of death, not for myself but for my loved one’s, I’m afraid of loosing them before saying goodbye.
I’m afraid of being disappointed; being lied to or hurt by someone I love.
I’m afraid of what the world am becoming and what the future has in store for me.

Are these things really the wrong things to be afraid of? Because I’m extremely scared of them.

These days I think people waste their time being afraid of the wrong things, people fear so much but what they fear means so little…such as not being in fashion, not being the perfect weight, not driving the right car or even not having the perfect partner. People are afraid of not living the correct life materialistically according to…”According to who?” is the question. We are living in a culture of fear, people live this fearful life and they start to forget to live this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment