Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It's better to practice to little than talk a lot

“It is better to practice a little than talk a lot.” A statement owned by Muso Kokushi.

The English idiom, “Talk is Cheap”, fits right in with the topic of the day, as well as “Actions Speak Louder than Words”.

These three statements are similar and make it very clear to us that it’s better to actually do something than just talk about what you would like to do. It’s so easy to say a lot and then only do little, the challenge is to keep your word and do what you have promised. You don’t get credited for everything you say you get respect for that what you actually get done.

I absolutely hate it if people only make a lot of promises and never keep their word, you get so many people that sound great with all their big talk and promises but you get so little people that actually keep to their promises and do what they said they would do.
To me the great and brave ones are those who do what they promise to do and the droppers are those who are all talk and no deeds.

In Afrikaans we will say, “Se minder en doen meer.”

3 comments:

  1. I agree with keeping you word. My worst is when people make arrangements and cancle at the last minute! It always puts me in a bad mood!

    I love the Afrikaans quote! So true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree with you Jo-Ann. Speak with conviction, live with conviction. Well thought out and I appreciate the South African spin to your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo- ann, I like the fact you say to talk is cheap. In reality we talk to much and we don't take action. I think everyone should practice and become someone better in life.

    ReplyDelete